Sunday, November 16, 2008

Success!

Thanks to all who turned out for the Gifted Hand Show this past weekend. It went very well. The artisans involved were fabulous. The space was transformed from dowdy tennis court to gorgeous gallery in the space of a few hours. It was so great to see old friends both selling and buying work, and meet new ones. Over 1000 people attended! Suzanne Nance, the wonderful host of Maine Public Broadcasting's classical music in the morning stepped up and helped so much by doing an interview with me about the show that aired as a Cultural Conversation on Thursday morning during her show. You can listen to it on the archives of MPBN's website. (I hope I don't sound too dorky-- I'm scared to listen to it.) Many thanks to EVERYONE who attended, either as a vendor or a customer. Sorry I have no pictures to post... You may not believe this, but I don't own a digital camera, and even forgot to bring my old "analog" camera.

Save the date for next year: The Gifted Hand, November 13 + 14, 2009!

My next show is already this coming weekend. I'll be at Designing Women Freeport, at The Merriconeag Waldorf School, 57 Desert Rd., Freeport. While in Freeport, I plan to check out The Beadin' Path, a fab bead store that I buy stuff from all the time online, but have never actually stopped into. Can't wait!

I wil leave you with this picture. One of my litle fairies that I make...She seemed to have just dyed her hair in that pot of dye she's stting on. (something I need to do myself!)

No comments: