Monday, May 16, 2005

Galleries galore- Local shopping

It's been a busy week getting my work out to galleries for the summer. Here in Maine, the phrase, "make hay while the sun shines" really does apply. It's a short summer season, so for artists here, a lot of effort goes into creating work for sale in the summer.

Just this weekend, I delivered cards and a couple of my Mexican Lottery Ticket paintings to Monroe Saltworks in Ellsworth, Maine. They have really neat stuff... kind of a surprisingly funky sensibility. If you are in the local area and have never been there, stop in.

Last weekend, I dropped off work at the Naskeag Antiques & Artisans (In Brooklin, Maine) and The Blossom Studio & Gallery (In Deer Isle, Maine). Firstly, the drive out there alone is just amazing! Go on a sunny day just for the scenery. Crossing the Deer Isle Bridge is a unique thrill all of its own. (unbelievably, I once rode my bike over that bridge!)

The Blossom Studio & Gallery is such a wonderful place...the owner Sihaya Hopkins, makes lovely lampwork glass beads. She's carrying Marimekko work, things by Portland Maine designer Angela Adams and lots of beautiful jewlery, and of course, puppets, cards and artwork by yours truly. It's a shopping treat. Naskeag Antiques & Artisans is a cute little shop with lots of treasures and one-of-a-kind finds. I always say its in Brooklin, Maine, because it is pronounced like Brooklyn, New York. But couldn't be more different.

I'm busily making more puppets for Island Artisans in Northeast Harbor, Maine. They will be opening on June 15th. Their Bar Harbor store is already open and looks lovely. They are carrying my hand and fingerpuppets.

You can get news on where to find my work and other shows I'm doing this summer on the galleries and shows page of my website.

This blog is updated every Monday, so visit again!

No comments: