Candlelight tagged me almost 2 weeks ago, but what with Hurricane relief projects and my school job starting, I'm just now getting to respond to her tag by listing 5 idiosyncrasies I have (Just 5?--man! my list is much longer than that!)
1. I tend to be very silly (despite the fact that I'm a teacher as my "day job") and I often make up words and use silly voices (this is mostly at home, not in public, though my students sometimes beg me to do some of my voices like the Indian Guru voice and the New Jersey lady voice, etc.). As an example of words I make up, like if I'm really full, I say "I'm stuffelated", or if Phil's nose is stuffed up, we say it's "stuffenated"...I kind of do it all the time on the spur of the moment.
2. I don't exercise much, and I eat fatty food fairly often, but I'm really skinny. As a matter of fact, my boyfriend Phil often says, "Where does it all go?!" in disbelief, as he watches me pack away yet another snack. I pretty much eat all the time, but I don't really eat sugar, so I guess that is why I don't gain weight easily (actually I'd like to gain some weight!)
3. I have sea vegetables (fancy name for edible seaweed like nori, kelp & dulse) in my refridgerator from about 6 years ago that I won't throw away because they're dehydrated and don't really go bad, but I rarely use them for cooking.
4. I make puppets-- I mean, come on, how many people do you know that do that?!
5. This is kind of a sad one: I'm allergic to about a zillion foods, due to an illness I got when I was 28. I can't eat wheat, most dairy, tomatoes, oats, corn ...that's just to name a few! It's a real pain...but at least I make sure to eat healthy, as I rarely can eat prepared foods. This may still change..I may be able to heal these allergies. In any case, I'm working on it.
Ok, I'm tagging RJ , Cornelian Cherry and Cheryl and Jessica. I think I'm actually supposed to tag 5 people, but I don't want to visit this madness on too many innocent lives out there :)