Monday, June 13, 2005

More stories about fiber and felt

Despite the melting heat and humidity (very unusual for Maine, especially this time of year), I had the most wonderful time at the Maine Fiber Frolic this weekend. I spent way too much money and bought some absolutely delicious-looking fleece for felting. I'll post a bunch of pictures on Wednesday or so, as I don't own a digital camera (shocking, isn't it!). So the film is off to be processed, and pictures are to come.

But in the meantime, here are some amazing vendors I met:
Grafton Fibers is in Grafton, Vermont. I cannot reccommend their website enough! The carded fibers are just stunning, and there's a great links page to all kinds of fiber artists. Here's a photo of some of Grafton Fiber's carded fleece is from their website.
I bought a stunning rainbow colored one, which isn't pictured on their site.

The other just amazing vendor was The Fiber Fetish from New Hampshire. She also has a great website. Her specialty is multi-colored blended fleece (and she makes handmade soap, too). I got the sage merino: and a dark green blend. The sage looks a little weird here...the colors are much nicer in the real thing. Anyway, she makes really special stuff.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for my fiber purchases! I've already begun making felted things with it. My next project is felted buttons, so if you sew, check back because I'll post pictures of them at some point.

I did manange to get 2 necklaces and 3 pairs of earrings made at Aboca Bead, as well this weekend. So those pictures will go up this week. I am planning to add another page to my website for jewelry, felted things, small paintings and other affordable, smaller things that I make. More later on this...

Until my next post, happy crafting, and keep enjoying art!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I am so jealous! I saw Grafton's booth and their stuff was so nice!

Sigh. Next year, I'll be there both days...I have a year to take up a collection to afford it! :)

P.S. thanks for linking to me...I've linked to you, too, finally!

Fern Lady said...

Thanks for the link , Jen! I really like your blog.